Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hello!

Welcome!

I have started up this blog, since i have started up photography and have alot to say about it! Since this is my first post, i will first fill in a few details. I have always had a passion for photography, admiring others work & thoroughly enjoying heading out to concerts knowing im going to be snap happy! This quite often drew critisism from others, who did not understand why i enjoyed taking photos so much.. ..heck, even i didnt realise myself!

It wasnt until Feb 2009 at Cameron (Katrina's brother) and Mel's engagement party that i started thinking about taking up photography as a hobby. There i met Robert Morris, who happened to be carrying around a digital SLR taking photos of the party! I quite enjoyed playing around with the camera & taking photos and since considered buying my own DSLR.

This happened in July 09 when i got my tax return - good times! I decided since i was starting out i would start off with an entry level DSLR and so opted for a Canon 1000D with twin image stabilised lens's - an efs 18-55mm & efs 55-250mm. Not your top of the range, but a good model nonetheless. With this i also bought UV filters for the lens & an 8gb SD card. Below is a shot of my starting equipment;



At this point i was very clueless and so found the quality of my pictures varying so much!! Since then i have been out and about plenty of times and my skills have been gradually getting better, i have signed up for a flickr account and have been steadily expanding my equipment!

All my pictures can be found on flickr using the link below :-) i will also periodically post blogs on some of my pics! Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dr_unis/


Aaren

No comments:

Post a Comment