Saturday, January 23, 2010

New gear!!

Today was quite a satisfying shop! I had decided to expand my equipment as i had decided to try new things and improve my photo quality.

To start with i decided to purchase a tripod for image stabilisation. This will be particularly useful as i thouroughly enjoy landscape photography and as i dont have the steadiest of hands its a must have! For this i decided to purchase a Velbon CX-640. As far as tripods go, this is a fairly reasonable model, and at a reasonable price $109 a deal to be had!

To continue my spree i headed to Hornsby Westfield shopping centre and purchased a circular polariser. Glare/Reflection and dull sky's were often issues with pictures i have previosuly taken that i really wanted to get around. Im really looking forward to seeing the difference, i will definately be taking some before/after shots!

To top it off, out of sheer compulsion i decided to purchase a Canon ef 50mm f1.8 mkII fixed zoom lens. I wasnt sure about this one at first, but when i saw the price i could get it at ($130) it was a steal - i believe the USM model is around 600-700? I read a few reviews before purchasing this lens and the final verdict - great price/quality ratio, especially for a beginner like myself. Im looking forward to trying it out so watch this space!!

In the meantime, check out this bad boy!! The body is plastic so its nice and light, so it wont weigh down the kit much, however its whats on the inside that counts. I think this will make a nice addition to my kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment